Monday, August 15, 2011

Feeling better - August 15, 2011

Hey guys,

Well my ears are quite a bit better so that´s good, I guess the area doctor knew what he was talking about after all! My hearing is gradually getting better I think, although it´s hard to note the difference. But the most relieving thing is that there isn´t much pain anymore, soI'm happy haha. It was nice to be able to get out and work again this week, although we seemed to have kinda of bad luck for some reason! There was a city party the other night and all the streets of the city were shut down and everything pretty much turned into a big club/concert haha. Everybody was wasted and there were trashy people all over the place. I woke up at three in the morning and could still hear all the music! soooo loud. We´ve had a few problems with some of the Elders in the zone unfortunately. One of my old comps is getting frustrating with his companion that he is training because he doesn´t know any Spanish. The thing is, the elder speaks English and I told him, hey man don´t speak English to your companion, if you do he won´t learn. Well he didn´t really listen and from day one spoke to him in English always... and now it´s kinda coming back to get him. So anyways his district leader Elder Coy is also training, and supposedly they have been doing a lot of divisions on days that aren't authorized just to get away from there companions and be together. I feel bad for the guy, learning a new language is tough, and if your companion doesn´t have patience it can be super discouraging! But other than that everything is fine. This next weekend my companion and I should be baptizing four people so that´ll be good!

Well this week is going to be pretty sweet, a lot of things to look forward to! On Friday at 6pm we are going to have a special meeting with Elder Eyering and Christofferson with both missions. It´s going to be awesome I´m sure. And it´ll be good to have a fellow Bountiful-ite in El Salvador. haha when I tell people that he lives like two minutes from my house their jaw drops to the floor. So I´ll have to give you guys some good details about that next week. Then on Saturday there is the cultural event for the temple that we will be watching from the stake center, and Sunday the dedication!!!! I´ve got my pass and everything ready to go. There are a couple recent converts of only a couple weeks that are going to be going as well so I'm excited for them. I'm not even really sure what to expect because I've never been to an open house as sad as that is.

Well sounds like Biss did a good job, that´s good. It´s gotta be weird being home.. is he still going to play baseball for the U? I´m sure he feels pretty accomplished making the decision to go on a mission, I can imagine what I'd be doing right now if I didn´t go. I'm pretty proud of all my friends, I really can think of only one that didn´t end up going. Pretty sweet! Well this week has been rain, rain, and more rain! I don't know why, but it seems to always rain at night and never during the day. It´s just super hot and humid during the day from the rain the night before.

Hey before I forget, tell Kim thanks for the tie she sent me I like it a lot!! I´ve gotten quite a few complements on it haha. How are Grandma and Grandpa Reid doing, and Grandma Kirkbride? Tell them all hi for me. Well have a great week love you all thanks for all of your prayers and support, it means a lot!

Que se diviertan en yellowstone!
Love Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment